Many B2B tech businesses think that category creation is the key to getting out of hyper-competitive established markets, dominated by incumbents. Tech solution providers can take analysts with them on the category creation journey, co-creating and derisking new market categories. Jerome Pineau, author of a new book on category creation, recently spoke about this with CCgroup’s head of analyst relations, Duncan Chapple.
The questions under discussion include:
- What is a category?
- Would be the most favourable outcome of category creation?
- Is a new category generally the white space where you fit between other providers?
- Are evaluative reports the way to start thinking about using AR for category creation, in particular finding a way to put your firm in a quadrant-type ranking?
- What are the use cases for category creation?
- How does economic turbulence impact the interest in category creation?
- How can companies start to convince analysts?
- Do you have thoughts about like the nature of the internal struggle in vendor organizations when they decide whether or not to take this turn?
- Why do we say if you don't have competitors trying to penetrate your new category then you're not in a market: you're in a dreamland
- How do providers know when a category has been created? In particular, what does that success look like to a client?
To hear the discussion, visit CCgroup’s analyst relations playlist